me and my bro.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Remembering the Past


How could I forget,

The pain, the blood, the sweat,

Trying my hardest to get to her,

Can't breathe through the smokey air,

I knew she was somewhere near,

Just trying to get through here,

Thinking of her loved ones,

Gives me the courage to run,

Remembering the past,

It all comes back so fast,

I couldn't get to her,

This memory won't blur,

If only I could rewind,

Maybe I wouldn't be so blind,

She would still be here,

My conscience would be clear,

But that is not the case,

Always feel this empty space.

3 comments:

  1. "the courage to run"...I'm still trying to figure out what that means.

    I really liked this poem, by the way. Regret. Remembering the past. Thinking of what more we could do. Very good.

    I like how this poem doesn't have to be about losing someone in a fire. It could just be a lost relationship. An "empty space."

    Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked certain lines of this poem, even just one line of the poem has some good meanings. I like the line 'If only i could rewind'
    very deep. I enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Doback,
    I like how this poem can be taken a lot of different ways. Plus, it seems like it could be a song with the rhyming. It was very well written.

    ReplyDelete