me and my bro.

Friday, February 12, 2010

IMPULSE.



M: So this is it.
W: Yeah, I guess.

M: It's been nice.
W: Very.
M: I... will miss you.
W: This isn't the last time I'm going to see you.
M: You're sure about that?
W: Positive.
M: But we're 4000 miles apart.. It's not likely I'll see you again.
W: Why are you so negative? Paris is beautiful - I'm going to come back. And you're more than welcome to come to New York.
M: So I WILL get to see you again?
W: Yes.
M: *sigh* alright. Thank you for making my holdiay one I will never forget.
W: No. Thank you. This has been wonderful.
M: I think there's something you need to know.
I think I've fallen for you. Hard.
W: ....

M: What? Ahh I never should have said anything. I'm sorry. I just.. I just thought if I told you now, you'd stay.. I'm sorry. Forget I said that...

(SHE KISSES HIM)
M: So now I'm just gonna kiss you for the millionth time and say "Be seeing you".
(A SECOND KISS)
W: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to kiss you twice and linger on the second one.
M: It's alright. Don't leave.
W: The train is almost here. I have to go.
M: Don't forget about me.
W: I promise I won't. I'll call you right when I arrive in New York.
M: ...
W: Everything will work out. I promise.
M: I know.
W: Well, here's the train now.. I'll be seeing you.
(She boards the train.)
M: Be seeing you.

4 comments:

  1. Dale,
    That conversation kept me at the edge of my seat! I want to know if she comes back, if they stay together... I don't know if you have seen Dear John but it reminded me of that movie. Great job!!
    -Silver

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dale,
    Romantic scene. Good job. These are difficult to write without sounding corny. This didn't sound corny to me, it sounded real. You did a good job of capturing that moment when you say goodbye and you don't know what the future holds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dale,
    Good story I liked hearing it in class. I like how you ended it because it leaves it up to us to decide if they ever see each other again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dale,
    I like the repeated phrase 'I'll be seeing you'. I relate that to real life, because when you are nervous, or in a situation that puts you at an emotional state you tend to repeat your words and try to stay calm. I enjoyed this my man!
    Papa burgundy.

    ReplyDelete